I am sure you have received many families transferred to you from another home-visitors caseload. How do you get someone to engage with you, especially after they loved their last home visitor so much and are having some trouble adjusting?
Here is a great “ice-breaker” game I play with transferred families to increase engagement and get them talking.
Roll a standard pair of dice, if you roll:
2. What do you enjoy most about (Insert name of your home visiting program)?
3. What is your favorite part about home visits?
4. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
5. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why?
6. Are you a morning or night person?
7. What are your five favorite foods?
8. What would you like to do during home visits?
9. What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer?
10. What did you enjoy most about your previous home visitor?
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
12. Name one things that is your favorite thing about your child?
Find a PDF of icebreaker game: icebreaker dice
Thanks for visiting,